The church of “Trion Ierarchon” (The Tree Church Fathers) which has been the cathedral of the island for 150 years leads the intellectual cultivation of the island, since it was blessed to have in its bosoms competent and excellent priests and intellectual leaders such as priest Adamantios, father of Papadiamantis, priest Nikolas Papanikolaou, priest Andreas Bouras and other led always by priest Georgios Rigas, the great scholar and author of the island. The Church of “Trion Ierarchon” is a basilica of three aisles, built in 1846. It is built in the centre of the village near the beach.
In this church there is the icon of Panagias tis Eikonistrias, which was found in a miraculous way around 1650. This is the patron saint of the island and it is a sacred pilgrimage for both the inhabitants and the visitors of the island.
Many sacred heirlooms from all the country churches of the island have been transferred into this church as well as many icons of great archaeological value. all these sacred heirlooms are in perfect functional condition.Here services are held according to the old ritual and the tradition of “Kollyvathes” still remains alive.